Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Young Elvis: G-Eazy’s Fashion and Music

Perfecting his dapper style (ThisSongSlaps.com)


The Young Elvis —so they say. He’s pretty much at the top, but Elvis? G-Eazy still hasn’t reached top ten, even with the recent June release of These Things Happen, but I’m cool with that, who knows if Elvis would be in the top ten today if he were just starting.

Actually, Garald Earl Gillum, a.k.a, G-Eazy, 25, might be standing on the shoulders of the King of Rock ‘n Roll because of his fashion sense. Not rhinestones, that wouldn’t fly today—well maybe Kanye. Anyway, G-Eazy calls his style dapper. Dapper is more early Elvis: slicked-back hair, leather jackets, denim jeans, and shiny expensive watches, that kind of stuff.


50s style (mag.nofillers.com)

G-Eazy’s fashion sense started in high school with the Bay Boys. They started the fitted cap and long white tee craze that caught on in the mid 2000s because of their music success. Then he did the 50s Beat style, and now the throwback to the roaring 20s with his Dapper look. All and all, I’m excited to see how far he takes it but I guess the question I have for you is, what labels do you want to give him?

These Things Happen landed the opening act of the Billboard music awards. “This was the greatest night of my life,” G-Easy said. It’s what everyone says, but for some reason I believe him.

G-Eazy has been privilege to collaborations with hip-hop powerhouses RCA records, “A$ap Ferg” and one of the more successful rapper/songwriters today, Def Jam Record’s, Rick Ross for the “I Mean It” remix. *song in link below*

I’ve grown up with Geezy. After hearing this album, I realized once again how much hard work pays off, and more importantly, it shows us youth and young adults of the world to follow our dreams with persistence. I know if I stay faithful to my desires, These things DO happen.


Funky-fresh (soundclick.com)

Her are some of my personal favorite G-Easy tracks, new and old:

G-Eazy“I be In the Lab”
G-Eazy“Lady Killers”ft. Hoodie Allen
Dj Carnage“Loaded”ft. G-Eazy
G-Eazy“Dear Ms. Rose”
G-Eazy“Plastic Dreams”ft. Johanna Fay
G-Eazy“Acting Up”ft. Devon Baldwin
G-Eazy“Lotta That”ft. A$AP Ferg, Danny Seth
G-Eazy“I Mean It” (remix)ft. Rick Ross
G-Eazy“Monica Lewinsky” ft. Skizzy Mars & KYLE

( *New* Twitter @BroThatsBreezy)

Visit us at CrashCade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment